Blood

Any other game that those listed
PVS

Blood

#1 Post by PVS » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:44 am

Another good game, but absolutely not popular for demo recording, it's a pity. I was able to find only 9 Blood demos and all. Episode 1 demos by Krypto is very good, skill 4 very hard in Blood and it's interesting to watch, almost all demos are max'es.

As it turned out original Blood 1.21 can normally record/playback its own demos, but as far as I can see - only single level demos are possible for recording. Fast way for demo record is use code SPIELBERG X Y: start new game on your target skill level, press 'T' and type 'SPIELBERG 1 7', this will start recording on E1M7 map with your skill level. Fast way for demoplayback: move the original Blood000-003.dem demos to another folder, then start playback demo from the command line 'Blood -playback MyDemo.dem'. Also, for demo playback can be used small utility 'Blood OUWB Demo Browser 1.0' from this page:
http://www.r-t-c-m.com/knowledge-base/d ... -tools-ini

I recorded some miscellaneous demos a while ago, just for myself, maybe someone will be interested. I would be glad to see Blood demo records from other players, serious records or not - it does not matter, these demos are very rare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Login or Register to view attachments.
Heretic / HeXen

Opulent
Site Admin

Re: Blood

#2 Post by Opulent » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:16 pm

That's 9 more than I have.

Been awhile since I have seen Blood demos. There are a couple good playthroughs on Youtube, if I remember correctly. Been awhile for that too.
Tough game to play, I think... and the Build engine games are always a bit tricky.
I liked seeing how you play e1m7 the intended way.
Thanks for sharing, PVS.
FPS Demo Master
http://www.opulentdemos.us

PVS

#3 Post by PVS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks for watching! I was hoping that you have more Blood demos, eh
Forgot to say, the 9th demo is in the 'Blood OUWB Demo Browser 1.0' archive by the link above, this is E2M5 by Sir Seizhak.

I recorded now a normal max for E1M7 on skill 4, tried and skill 5, but not successfully. On skill 5 there 2 Cheogh's, I always do not have enough ammo to kill them. I do not know, it's some kind of cheat skill level from Monolith, heh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Login or Register to view attachments.
Heretic / HeXen

Opulent
Site Admin

#4 Post by Opulent » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks for the info and the demos. Good updates to what you have already submitted.
FPS Demo Master

PVS

#5 Post by PVS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Recorded skill 4 max'es for all main boss maps in Blood 1.21 episodes 1-5, collected them into one archive. If someone will watch the E2M8 max - first need to read the txt file, otherwise it will not be clear what is happening there. It will be funny if I do not really know the game very well and somewhere on YouTube already present a max record for E2M8 much faster and more correctly :)

Would be grateful if someone would tell me the utility for get information from the original Blood demos, I did not find them much and at the moment I take demo time only from 'Blood OUWB Demo Browser 1.0' utility.
Heretic / HeXen

Opulent
Site Admin

#6 Post by Opulent » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:06 pm

The internet tells me that BME's DemoBrowser Tool is the only demo information tool for Blood.(attached)

There is some spotty information about the code for demos, but I think the only parsers that have a chance are the Duke3d tools(LMPC and Poda's Demo/Game Launcher/Manager).
But the Blood demos are clearly in a different format that Duke/ShadowWarrior, so I don't know.

I look forward to watching your latest demos!
FPS Demo Master

PVS

#7 Post by PVS » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Although it is logical, of course, if no one record original Blood demos, so - why should someone make a program for demos. Good, that we have OUWB Demo Browser, it shows demo time correctly, it already helps a little. But for me with this Demo Browser 1.0 present one little bad moment - program does not want to close and exit on real old PC, under Win9x I can force kill program, but under real DOS only one way - restart PC.
Heretic / HeXen