Re: Hexen

#31 Post by PVS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:17 pm

You changed your mind to record something, I'm still waiting, hehe
Did you find some wads that you liked?
Heretic / HeXen

PVS

#32 Post by PVS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:54 pm

The guy with the nickname RaVeN from the Russian forum said that he had found an interesting Mage trick in the original game, after reading his message I didn’t believe it, I thought that he was confusing something. But after checking his words in the game I was shocked - it really works!

I had an idea to record this in the demo, for which I chose Deathmatch mode for to be able to view from another player outside, also, need a map with a convenient viewing point and open space area so that this effect can be clearly seen. I'm connected 2 Chocolate Hexen in fake net mode for 2 players and after several attempts I record this. Although the preparation stage for the demonstration of this trick in the demo takes a long time, for the main Player-1 (Mage) need to collect a number of artifacts: fourth weapon, mana, full amount Disk of Repulsion and sufficient number of wings, which have a very long respawn period. But I hope, that what you can see in the final compensates this long waiting time.

Recommendations at the first playback: you can use the view from the Player-1 (Mage), he performs the main actions in this demo, as soon as he fly up using wings, you need to switch view to the Player-2 (Fighter) by F12 (spy key), Fighter is the main spectator in this demonstration, and watch this Mage trick for the first time is better from his view, so the maximum effect will be achieved.

Command line example for playback this demo on Chocolate Hexen 2.3.0(se):
chocolate-hexen -solo-net -deathmatch -nomonsters -playdemo MageCirc -demoextend

I named this demo "Magic Circus", this is really a circus from HeXen engine, after more than 23 years, for me... Have fun!
MagicCircus-1.jpg
MagicCircus-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Login or Register to view attachments.
Heretic / HeXen

Opulent
Site Admin

#33 Post by Opulent » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Sounds great. I like the screenshots. I won't have time to watch it until the weekend. thanks for sharing!
FPS Demo Master
http://www.opulentdemos.us

PVS

#34 Post by PVS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Found new Hexen 1.0 demos inside Cotd2.wad, Demo1-3 for Fighter/Cleric/Mage, quite long and quite interesting, from March 1996. Again from this funny guy with funny status bar, George Fiffy his name.

In CD image 'SuperCharged Xpansion Pack' (1996) I found around 65 Hexen 1.0 demos, wow:
https://archive.org/details/cdrom-super ... nsion-pack

But nothing special and interesting here, I think that these guys just recorded the demos of each map for this CD as a simple demonstration of the maps themselves, the demos could be run directly from a special program on this CD. Also, on this disc you can find around 300 demos for Doom1,2 recorded in a similar way.

I did not find the name of the person who recorded these demos, just wondering, because it looks like - this is the first ever recorded Hexen first attempts demos, he-he
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Login or Register to view attachments.
Heretic / HeXen

Opulent
Site Admin

#35 Post by Opulent » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:01 pm

You are resourceful.
It's a shame these aren't more developed.
Thanks.
FPS Demo Master
http://www.opulentdemos.us